About the 'bad' Ingredients
Our products are cruelty and 10 free (No Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, Parabens, Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP) and Animal by Products). What are these ingredients and why are they bad? Let's take a moment to break down what they are and why we exclude them from our products.
1. Toluene: Toluene is a toxic liquid used as a solvent which suspends the nail color and forms a smooth finish across the nail. Toluene has been listed as a known human respiratory toxicant by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
2. Dibutyl Phthalate: Also, known as DBP, is commonly used as a solvent for dyes or as a plasticizer that prevents nail polishes from becoming brittle. This toxic chemical has also been linked to birth defects, delays in child development, and cancer.
3.Formaldehyde: is used as a nail hardening agent and disinfectant for nail care tools. low levels of formaldehyde has been found to cause irritation to the eyes, nose, throat, and skin. Formaldehyde is known for being a trigger to individuals who suffer from asthma and is an agent known for being directly related to causing cancer, such as Leukemia.
4. Formaldehyde Resin: has been known for causing skin allergies such as dermatitis.
5. Camphor: has been known for causing nausea, dizziness, headaches, seizures, and liver damage when inhaled or consumed.
6. Ethyl Tosylamide: A plasticizer and film former that helps polish dry in minutes. There are concernc concerns over antibiotic resistance.
7. Xylene: used as a solvent. This chemical damages the central nervous system and cause headaches, skin, eye, nose, and throat irritation, memory problems, gastrointestinal discomfort, and can potentially affect the kidney and liver.
8. Parabens: used as preservatives. Parabens are suspected of interfering with hormone function.
9. Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP): has been used widely as a flame retardant and plasticizer. studies have linked exposure to TPhP with reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, metabolic disruption, endocrine effects, and genotoxicity.
10. Animal by Products: used as a colorant, anti aging properties, emollient, etc. This keeps a products from being vegan.